Sunday, November 29, 2009

im changing my concentration

ok this is like not even similar to what i had for my first idea for my concentration. but while i was thinking of ideas for my first concentration (individuality vs conformity) i was thinking about censorship and what kind of things society censors, like profanity and nudity. then i was thinking about drawing seemingly naked people but putting a black bar where it should be censored...but thats kinda too obvious.and i realized that like after three pieces for that concentration i would be super bored.and i need to find something i really enjoy drawing, which is people. and last year my concentration focused on the faces and portraits of people, so this year i want to focus more on the human form. so i think im gonna explore how i can portray the principles of art through the human form, like movement, color, contrast, line, pattern, etc. i kinda got the principles of art thing from ellen last year, but she used circles instead of people. idk i want my concentration to be something i enjoy doing, and something i know i will be able to push through.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I think you should just choose conformity or individuality, because I did a versus concentration last year and it's really hard to make it cohesive when you are dealing with two opposite concepts. Your ideas for the art pieces sound cool :)